Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Freakwenter Got Mail

And I'm not sure whether to consider this junk mail. From the inbox of freakwenter@gmail.com:
Hello,

I'm the webmaster of [website withheld] I wanted to know if by any chance you would be interested in doing an unbiased review of our site on your blog http://zacharychild.blogspot.com/

If you agree we will send you a payment for the review.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank you
[initials withheld]

To which I responded:
I am willing to consider your proposal, if you could be more specific. In particular, what is the payment, how would the payment occur? If pay comes after the review is published, then I have no way to be sure that pay will come, and if pay comes before the review is published, how will you know that my work will be satisfactory?
To which it responded:
The review must be at least 300 words in length with 3 good links going to the website.

We will pay you $10, paid in advance through Paypal.If you agree,please send me your Paypal ID so I can make payment and send you the keywords.

To which I have nothing to say. Should I look into getting a Paypal ID?

4 Comments:

Blogger current typist said...

Nope--not worth it. Maybe for $25, or $160. And a paid review? You'd better be paid up front, and introduce your writing as a paid review.

3:25 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Jo said...

Do it.

-JJ

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds dangerous to me.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't do it

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home