Friday, April 04, 2008

Big Boys

Last night I dreamed that I was in a meeting with several government Big Boys (and Girls, in this case). One of them went by the name "Chertoff," and it wasn't until I awoke that I realized who I had been dealing with: Michael Chertoff, head of the Department of Homeland Security. Anyway, nothing much happened in the meeting, except that right afterwards one of the Big Girls handed me a couple $100 bills in payment for being there, and I thought that was too much, so I tried to find some change to give her, but couldn't find any.

This morning I hopped on a bus headed for downtown DC, and was surprised when a high-ranking Princeton Ph.D. economist employed by a prominent federal banking institution took the seat beside me. I asked him to compare the relative merits of the economic policies of Obama versus McCain. He said that Obama's opposition to the US wasting a trillion dollars in Iraq - and McCain's willingness to do it all over again if necessary - pretty much settles the issue for him.

Who knows what I'll dream tonight, or who I'll meet tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home