Saturday, February 26, 2011

Most expensive meal of my life

They gave me two wine glasses so that I could have both red wine and white wine at the same time without mixing them. I took advantage of this.

Bread was there for the taking, and the little butter packets seemed to have been chilled.

The waiters kept my water glass nonempty, which is kind of unusual.

The appetizers included a 7-inch mushroom steak thing, mussels, oysters, and something I could not identify and nobody seemed to know what it was.

My main dish was a few tails of lobster in a white sauce on a huge plate. Fancy rice and veggies were available as sides served family style. There was much rice and veggies left over and I got a doggie box. Then I got another doggie box because other people in the group didn't want their leftovers either.

The waiters brought us each a complementary shot of nail polish or something, it was that alcoholic. It was tasty though.

Before dessert I kept nibbling on bread and sipping on a decaf Irish coffee (booze again). When my rum cake showed up I was barely still breathing, not from the alcohol but rather from a lack of space in my chest due to excessive consumption. I was forced to eat my cake slowly, like one bite every few minutes, to give things time to settle.

4 Comments:

Blogger Renaissance Lista said...

omg you are in love. who got you to drink? where did you go?

6:47 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Jo said...

What was the occasion?

3:34 AM  
Blogger My Freakwentness said...

prospective students, about 12 people, $700 on the department

6:47 AM  
Blogger Renaissance Lista said...

that, my man, is the way to roll.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home