Friday, June 04, 2010

Supper

Let me 'splain you how to make a good supper. First crack 5 homegrown eggs into a bowl and set your kitchen to 82 degrees fyrenhight:



Microwave a frozen 10 oz box of spinach for 3 minutes, and then fry it in a bit of oil, adding a sprinkle of hot pepper powder:



Add the eggs:


Set the pan by the window so you can keep an eye on the city while you eat. Pile on a few of your sister's old mushy pickles that she didn't want anymore (nothing wrong with 'em!), ad a heap of sour cream, and a good slope of 4 cheese spaghetti sauce.



This meal calls for a little story. Once I told my aunt that I feed eggs to my guests, and she said that's not very high class. So my mom gave me a high class recipe for eggs, something like "eggs carbonara" which is a sophisticated way of cooking eggs along with lots of pasta carbs. You could think of this as eggs carbonara but without the carbs: eggs carbonada.

3 Comments:

Anonymous dr perfection said...

I am certain I never said that. I would have said, "not classy". I would not have said, "not high class". So, if you are quoting me, you are misquoting.

I hope your next post is LATE NIGHT SNACK.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious! I've got the homegrown eggs, but the kitchen's too cool since the storm rolled through, or I'd give it a try.

kbs

5:19 PM  
Anonymous dr perfection said...

Speaking of eggs, here is how to make the perfect hard-boiled egg:

Cover eggs in saucepan with water. Bring to boil and remove from heat.
Let stand for 11 minutes.
Cool in cold water.

You could turn this into a food blog for frugal, single men living in the city.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home