Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Freakwenter Hedge Fund: quarterly report

It has been a rather dismal couple of weeks on the stock market, so I decided it's time to take stock of my investing performance.

About 3 months ago I put some funds into a trading account. As of today, the value of that account, after subtracting all the trading fees and future trading fees required to withdraw the money, is up by only about 0.3%, or 1.2% annualized. All but one of the stocks I hold has fallen below the price at which I purchased.

Meanwhile, the S&P 500 index, a common benchmark for investment performance, is down by about 2% over the same period. In this regard, it looks like I'm beating the system by about 2%. On the other hand, I would be beating the system just as well with the money in CDs, minus the risk. More time will tell.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home