Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Shredded trees

I was about to pay several hundred dollars to have a big load of mulch delivered to the funny farm. I was about to buy a truck so that I could go get my own mulch. I was biking to work this morning and heard a roar of tree chippers from a side street. I almost didn't stop. What are the chances they would have the time to drive one of those behemoths a mile away to drop a load of chips on a puny yard I thought. There were four of them, each truck with a cherry-picker and a couple guys with saws. Everyone was sawing at once on this densely populated city street, like the screen set for a Pittsburgh wood-chipping massacre. I stopped at the first guy wearing a hard hat and said "do you sell your wood chips?" He said throw my bike in the back of his pickup and we got in. He yelled to one of his guys to hurry get the tow trucks over, we got to move all them parked cars before we do the next street. I showed him to my place. All the way he chatted on his phone with a guy he kept referring to as brutha. He promised me some chips and gave me his business card in case I ever want more. I will want more most def.

3 Comments:

Blogger Renaissance Lista said...

ur my hero

8:06 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Jo said...

Jealous.

4:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tax dollars at work!

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home