Friday, August 01, 2008

A New Job

Sometimes people sound resentful when they hear how much time I get to spend staring off into space or playing soccer while I'm at work. I agree, I tell them. If ever I'm president of the US, I'm going to crack down on government spending, eliminating most government positions like mine. But until that happens, I'm going to make the best of this opportunity. What would be the good in quitting, only to let the next-best slob take my place? Instead, I will pretend that I'm in graduate school on a fellowship. I will see how many problems I can work through in Statistical Inference, 2nd edition, before class begins in September.

2 Comments:

Blogger current typist said...

You're my inspiration!

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That seems a sensible solution. It's basically the approach I'm taking, too. Studying, in quotes, should be viewed as completely honorable.

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home