Monday, August 30, 2010

Motivation

The Onion seems to agree with me about irrelevance in education.

In my education manifesto I forgot to mention a third key element of the program. Recall my recommendation: students who are unenthusiastic about education might benefit more from physical labor (of the sort one might get to do for a living without additional academic learning) for as long as they are disinterested in study. The part that I forgot to mention is that students should also be encouraged and allowed to serve as tutors for less advanced students for some part of school time. With good organization, the teachers-per-student required for equivalent progress would fall if students teach each other, lowering the costs for public education.

1 Comments:

Anonymous dr perfection said...

want to see deck pictures

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home